Overview of Cookie Consent Rules
EU law requires organisations placing cookies through websites onto visitors’ computers to obtain their “consent” after providing clear and comprehensive information about how cookies are used on the websites.
In order to comply with this, we have taken four steps:
- Identified cookies and other tracking technologies served through this website, the purposes they fulfill, and related information such as their expiry and whether they are first or third party cookies.
- Assessed the intrusiveness of these cookies on visitors’ expectations of Privacy, based on the information collected in (i) above.
- Provided ‘clear and comprehensive’ information about website cookies with the appropriate level of disclosure corresponding with the intrusiveness of each cookie (See Cookie Settings Panel).
- Used an appropriate strategy for obtaining consent for website cookies, taking into account their use and intrusiveness. Certain types of cookie may qualify for legal exemptions and, where this is the case, consent will not be required for these cookies.
Consent Strategies Used on This Website
The appropriate consent strategy will depend on the intrusiveness of the cookie, taking into account:
- who serves the cookie (i.e. a first or third party)
- what data the cookie collects
- what purposes it fulfils
- how long it endures
- nature of the website through which it is served.
For cookies requiring consent, we follow a three-tiered approach:
- for cookies of medium intrusiveness: we use the same strategy as for low intrusiveness cookies and also make contextual disclosures about cookie use at appropriate points on the websites (e.g. making cookie disclosures around targeted adverts or other website functionality relies on these cookies)
- for cookies of high intrusiveness: we implement a prior consent strategy (for example, the use of a banner / pop-up requiring visitors to consent to these cookies before they are served).
Implied consent for most Cookies: Cookies deployed through this websites are of low to medium intrusiveness only.
Prior consent for Websites targeted at audiences with particular health issues: This website targets audiences with specific health issues. As health-related data is regarded as "sensitive" under European data protection laws, collection of Cookie data through this website is considered intrusive. For this reason, we have adopted a prior consent mode for certain Cookies served through this website.
First Party Cookies
Cookies served by Sandoz International GmbH
1. Website enhancement cookies
Purpose: These cookies help enhance the performance and usability of our website. For example, they may allow us to detect whether your browser can run small website programs (called 'scripts') that provide additional website functionality or enable us to remember any website preferences you set (such as font size or language preferences).
Expiry: Some of the cookies set for this purpose may last for a period of up to 12 months from your last visit to our site.
How to Block: You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse these cookies. As the means vary from browser to browser, you should visit your browser's help menu for more information.
Third Party Cookies
Cookies / tracking technologies served by service providers and other companies
1. Analytics cookies and technologies
Source: Google Analytics
Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Expiry: Some of the cookies set for this purpose are automatically removed from your device once you close your browser. Others may last for a period of up to 24 months from your last visit to our site.
How to Block: You can opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
2. Website functionality cookies and technologies
Purpose: These cookies are used to provide functionality on our website that is supplied by third parties. Without these cookies, certain website functionality will be unavailable to our visitors. The data collected by our service providers for this purpose may be shared on an anonymised basis with third parties, and may be used for targeted advertising purposes.
Expiry: YouTube uses Adobe Flash files (or "Flash cookies") for this purpose. These are stored indefinitely on your device, but can be removed by following the instructions for blocking. Other cookies set by YouTube for this purpose may last for a period of up to 8 months from your last visit to our site.
How to Block: You can choose to accept or refuse Flash cookies by visiting Adobe's web settings manager at: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html. You can opt out of tracking by YouTube by visiting: http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ads/preferences/naiv0optout.
Links to Other Web Sites
How to Contact Us
Sandoz International GmbH