Personal Data collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
Contacting the User
Personal Data: email address, first name and last name
Mailing list or newsletter
Personal Data: country, email address, first name and last name
Managing contacts and sending messages
Personal Data: email address
Registration and authentication
Personal Data: country, email address, first name and last name
Owner and Data Controller
Sandoz International GmbH
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer contact email: email@example.com
This Privacy Notice stipulates how We, Sandoz International GmbH (“Sandoz”, “We”), Industriestraße 25, 83607 Holzkirchen, Germany, process Personal Data about You as a user of www.apex-prostate.com (“You”). You are receiving this Privacy Notice because Sandoz is processing information about You which constitutes “Personal Data” and Sandoz considers the protection of Your Personal Data and privacy a very important matter. Sandoz is responsible for the processing of Your Personal Data as it decides why and how it is processed, thereby acting as the “Controller”.
This Privacy Notice is addressed to the following users of www.apex-prostate.com:
- the healthcare professionals with whom We create or maintain a relationship;
We invite You to carefully read this Privacy Notice, which sets out in which context We are processing Your Personal Data and explains Your rights and our obligations when doing so. Should You have any further question in relation to the processing of Your Personal Data, We invite You to contact our Data Protection Officer here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What information do We have about You?
This information may either be directly provided by You, by our business partners (i.e. the legal entity for whom You work), by third parties like for example medical agencies or be obtained through trusted publicly available sources. We collect various types of Personal Data about You, including:
- Your general information (i.e. first name, last name, email, password, country of residence);
2. For which purposes do We use Your Personal Data and why is this justified?
2.1. Legal basis for the processing
We will not process Your Personal Data if We do not have a proper justification foreseen in the law for that purpose. Therefore, We will only process Your Personal Data if:
- We have obtained Your prior consent, Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (a) GDPR,
- the processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations towards You, Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (b) GDPR, or
- the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests and does not unduly affect Your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) GDPR.
2.2. Purposes of the processing
We process Your Personal Data to provide our services. In particular, We process Your data for the following purposes:
- registration and authentication
- contacting You (e.g. by informing You about new content on the website)
- analytics as described in this notice
3. Who has access to Your Personal Data and to whom are they transferred?
We will not sell, share, or otherwise transfer Your Personal Data to third parties other than those indicated in this Privacy Notice.
In the course of our activities and for the same purposes as those listed in this Privacy Notice, Your Personal Data can be accessed by or transferred to the following categories of recipients, on a need to know basis to achieve such purposes:
- our personnel (including personnel, departments or other companies of the Novartis group);
- our services providers that provide services and products to us
- our IT systems providers, cloud service providers, database providers and consultants;
- Google Analytics (please see further information below).
The above third parties are contractually obliged to protect the confidentiality and security of Your Personal Data, in compliance with applicable law.
Your Personal Data can also be accessed by or transferred to any national and/or international regulatory, enforcement, public body or court, where We are required to do so by applicable law or regulation or at their request.
The Personal Data We collect from You may also be processed, accessed or stored in a country outside the country where Sandoz is located, which may not offer the same level of protection of Personal Data.
4. How do We protect Your Personal Data?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to provide an adequate level of security and confidentiality to Your Personal Data.
These measures take into account:
- the state of the art of the technology;
- the costs of its implementation;
- the nature of the data; and
- the risk of the processing.
The purpose thereof is to protect it against accidental or unlawful destruction or alteration, accidental loss, unauthorized disclosure or access and against other unlawful forms of processing.
Moreover, when handling Your Personal Data, We:
- only collect and process Personal Data which is adequate, relevant and not excessive, as required to meet the above purposes; and
- ensure that Your Personal Data remains up to date and accurate.
For the latter, We may request You to confirm the Personal Data We hold about You. You are also invited to spontaneously inform us whenever there is a change in Your personal circumstances so We can ensure Your Personal Data is kept up-to-date.
5. How long do We store Your Personal Data?
We will only retain Your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
Personal Data We hold in our database about You will be stored for three years after Your last interaction with us.
6. What are Your rights and how can You exercise them?
You may exercise the following rights under the conditions and within the limits set forth in the law:
- the right to access Your Personal Data as processed by us and, if You believe that any information relating to You is incorrect, obsolete or incomplete, to request its correction or updating;
- the right to request the erasure of Your Personal Data or the restriction thereof to specific categories of processing;
- the right to withdraw Your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before such withdrawal;
- the right to object, in whole or in part, to the processing of Your Personal Data;
- the right to object to the processing of Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and a channel of communication used for direct marketing purposes; and
- the right to request its portability, i.e. that the Personal Data You have provided to us be returned to You or transferred to the person of Your choice, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format without hindrance from us and subject to Your confidentiality obligations.
If You have a question or want to exercise the above rights, You may send an email to email@example.com with a scan of Your identity card for identification purpose, it being understood that We shall only use such data to verify Your identity and shall not retain the scan after completion of the verification. When sending us such a scan, please make sure to redact Your picture and national registry number or equivalent on the scan.
If You are not satisfied with how We process Your Personal Data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter at Sandoz GmbH, Industriestraße 25, 83607 Holzkirchen, Germany.
In any case, You also have the right to file a complaint with the competent data protection authorities, in addition to Your rights above.
7. Additional State-Specific Information for United States Residents
Some states (including but not limited to California, Nevada, and Texas), have state specific rights for their residents. Click here to learn more about those state specific rights.